Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Blog slump

Some of you may of noticed that I haven't blogged in quite a while. I've been in a blog SLUMP. Or maybe its just been pure laziness seeping through. Who knows. But sorry about it all. I have been thinking of my friends. I have been thinking of things I can write but seriously NOTHING has been coming to me. Its Bloggers Block. Not fun I tell ya.
So I thought i'd show this picture of Elaine, thought maybe it would inspire me. And if it didn't atleast you'd have a cute picture to look at.
Easter is coming quickly, as you can see by my daughters ears. My Mother In Law got those for her and Adele. Adele's are already broken, not sure HOW but one ear is hanging by a piddly thread.
Adele is obsessed with cramming these on Elaine's head so these have been hidden by mommy. Which gives me a thought.
Hiding toys. Hiding clothes. Do you do it? We have a china cabinet that is about 7ft tall. At the top is an assortment of toys/books etc... that I can't stand. I'm either sick of hearing them or sick of reading them. A pretty princess mirror that lights up when you push a button and it says, "You're beautiful!, What a pretty princess!" Adele likes to use it as a flashlight, and since the lighting up feature lasts for 2 seconds you can imagine HOW often I heard how beautiful I am. So up it goes, on top of the cabinet. There is a Baby Einstein book that Adele became obsessed with at age 11 months. It has been retired to the cabinet. The 'newest' addition is a 1985 Sesame Street record player that my Mother in law (thanks again!) gave to us. You probably had one as a child. Its wind up and oh so fun, until you realize its 20 years old and the wind up lasts through about half a song. So you have to sit there with your child and wind it over and over and over.....you get the picture. I wanted to put it in the trash but my husband has saved it atleast 3 times. Adele can see it though even though its up 7ft so every once and awhile when she spots it and asks to play with it her daddy gets the honors. There are some coloring books she decided she wanted to rip every page out of. And I believe there is even a "crown" or two up there. Maybe I should go do some spring cleaning....How about you? Do you have a catch all spot for "retired" items? And what are they? Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stacy said...

We also had similar head-gear at Christmas - reindeer antlers. One pair got broken while one survived. As for hiding toy? Yes. I do it, too. Top of the fridge at our house... but recently ds has figured that if he pushes a barstool to it he can get the imprisoned toy. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Where else can I hide them?

Rachelle said...

Bout freaking time you blogged! I don't have a hiding place for annoying things yet, but I do hide things we haven't given him yet. We have a stash of books and toys for future use.

Millie said...

LOL... funny on the hiding. You should see the top of my bookcase/entertainment center. Mostly the Gameboys spend quality time there with each other.

Alicia said...

Definitely! Things used to be hidden in the top of Little Boy's closet until he learned to climb up there. Now it's on top of the fridge or in the guest room closet. Hidden items in our house: Playdough, bubbles, jump rope, Dora's Easter book, and stacking rings (b/c Little Boy uses the yellow stacker as a light saber on his sister).