Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mardi Gras!

King and Queen of Mardi Gras! We had a Mardi Gras party this week and it was a BLAST. My husband spent some time in New Orleans and has become slightly obsessed with Cajun cuisine. I think its wonderful and encourage it fully. (who WOULDN'T encourage their husband to cook!) These lovely folk were the King and Queen, my friend found baby jesus in her piece of King Cake and hence her crowning.
I made a fabulous King Cake which I was quite worried about but it turned out very well i must say! I was very proud and there wasn't a piece left at the end of the party. I've never thrown a party that wasn't for a birthday or baby shower so this was extra fun. We bought decorations, beads, delicious food. And had good friends over to celebrate with us and play games. A friend made a comment that she hadn't been to a "real" party in ages, and I don't think I have either. Especially with adult games. Sure we had 5 little kids running around but they entertained themselves. WE were the lucky ones who got to play ring toss with the mardi gras beads and Barbies! So everyone out there I encourage you to dust off your hosting gloves and throw a party! It doesn't have to be pricey, just have good friends & good food and it will be a blast! St. Patricks Day anyone? :) Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Ah, if only I had irl friends. Maybe when you come to Vernal we can party!

Mama D said...

We haven't gotten together with a bunch of friends since Christmas time. Although I think I'm leaving the hosting up to my friends with no kids for right now.

Lee said...

Wow looks like a lot of fun! And look at skinny you. You are smokin'

emlouisa said...

Fun!

When are you going to join the ring so that I can remember to check your blog???????

I will help you figure it out!

Stacy said...

How fun is that? We do BIG parties for kids' b-days and for dh's b-day (Halloween) but then I don't host nearly as often as I should. Maybe I should plan a little get-together!