Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Word to the Wise

Adele went upstairs yesterday and told me she was going to sleep. Because she was "Sweepy." I went up to check her about 30 min later because usually her going upstairs by herself usually means all the lights will be turned on and she will probably be reading to all her stuffed animals.

But yesterday she did actually go to sleep. At about 3pm. I went up to check her and she was sound asleep under her covers cuddling her star pillow. Babysitter (MIL) got here at 4, I tried to go wake her up and she woke up and yelled at me and went back to sleep. We took away her naps a month or so ago because she wasn't going to sleep until 10 or 11ish. But seriously she was ticked and I didn't want MIL to have to deal with her wrath, especially with me leaving Elaine, She was gonna have a hard time anyway. I told MIL she'd wake up in 10 min or so and we'd be back at 6.

Got home at 6, she had JUST woken up like 15 MINUTES before we got home. So yes my 3 year old took an almost 3 hour nap. We shrugged and just figured she'd watch a low key movie while I went to the gym and when I got back at 10 we'd put her to sleep.

But when we went to put Elaine to bed (they share a room now) at 8pm she grabbed her blanket and said she wanted to go to sleep too. We were shocked! And happy! .....ahhh such naivety....

She did go to sleep with Elaine. But at midnight she was UP, and when I mean up I mean UP. In our room talking to me, cuddling, bouncing.......I told her it was time to go to sleep. Put her back in her bed. She came back 15 min later. And we did the same routine, this continued for 2 HOURS. She went to sleep finally at about 2:30.

NEVER NEVERRRR Will that child have such a long nap again. I'll do the old cold water on the head trick my parents always threatened me with. hehehe

2 comments:

Jenn said...

LOL!!! I've been known to stick ice in kids' clothes when they won't get up. I'm a meanie. Sorry you had such a rough night!

Dixie Chic said...

LOL! I need to try the ice trick. My mom used to spray our face with the spray bottle. We had to start doing away with Ryan's naps. (he's 2). Same problem. But at least now he goes to bed at 7:30! YAY!