Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fun days

Before I had children I swore i'd NEVER put my kids in "character" clothes, never have "character sheets/bedspreads" and never have "character" dishes, plates etc.

Now I have another thing to add to my list as something I SAID i'd never do and now .......totally do do it. Except the sheets/bedspreads...i'm still putting my foot down on that. AND we only have character dishes because thats all they SELL! I finally found some plain kiddo dishes that didn't have Elmo or Winnie the Pooh plastered all over them. I was stoked and we use those the most. But I did cave in one of my biggest pre-child pet peeves. We ...OK I bought the girls some Little Einstein PJ's. I had to, it was a screaming deal and they absolutely love Little Einsteins. So I bought them...and now i have to hide them when its not time for bed because Elaine will try and put them on over her other clothes....Here are some fun pics of my cute pet peeves ;)
Adele reading a Little Einstein book to Elaine on their makeshift bed they threw together











Elaine practicing for her future in the WWF























7 comments:

Jenn said...

LOL! I'm still *half* sticking to that one. I've had a few characters things over the years, but mostly I steer clear. :P

It's just PJs, though... who's going to see them... well, unless you put them on your blog for the whole world to see. ;)

sarawhat said...

I almost had a seizure when I opened your page from all the crazy designs. Very busy. I love your girls, they are so cute. I can't wait for my kids to get old enough to play with eachother... not just Hallie trying to pick up Chase when I'm not looking and dropping him on his head. nice.

Anonymous said...

I love your new looking blog!
Your girls are to cute.They are getting so big!How is your little man doing?

Olivia said...

That's what I've said too. I've been able to stick with everything but a pillow case. It's the only character thing we own (hand-me-down) but to hear T get excited about his "truck" pillow makes me soften a bit towards my attitude.

That said, I myself will dress in character clothes before I do a character themed room. Just thinking about it gives me the shudders!

Benji Pearson said...

It happens to the best of us! I just wanted to send a note so that you could connect to our blog and stay updated on our family aswell. We sure love and miss Adele!
Benji and Melissa Pearson

The Mathews Family said...

I love it! Now that I know you have a blog I'm going to be stopping by here regularly!
-Jessica

Unknown said...

Wow, I am impressed with Elaine's skills. It is important to know how to take down your big sister.

I'm totally in your boat with the character stuff. PJ's and swimsuits don't count-at least that is how I justify it to myself. ;)