Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 2- Portobello Road, Windsor Castle, Piccadilly Circus

Okay so i'm kinda slow and forgot to put the pictures in the correct way. So TODAY we are going backwards through day 2 of our trip. :) I'll TRY and remember to do it the other way from now on.

This is our beautiful view of Parliament and Big Ben, I think we were on the Jubilee bridge this time (there are so many bridges!) We heard some fantastic musicians on this bridge. Violinist, keyboard, cello. Very pretty piece and very romantic :)
Piccadilly Circus, probably my least favorite place we visited in London. I mean it was cool and all, GORGEOUS buildings seriously stunning but they were covered withhuge neon flashing signs. And yeah...it was just more cheesy than awesome. This is my fav. part of the area though, the statue of Eros. :)

This beautiful concotion we got at Carluccios in Windsor. It was at the train station, where they had these beautiful restaurants and shops. It was a great design. (ugh matts getting in my brain)
This was called Florentine Chocolate. Its hot choc served in an espresso cup (because its SO rich) and you can drink it but in this picture i'm showing you how THICK it is. And OH MAN DELICIOUS.
In the little town area around Windsor Castle there is this little tea shop. TOTALLY crooked. I was not going inside..mainly because the menu was pure English and made me gag a little.
As we were leaving the castle grounds this was our view. On the left is St. George's cathedral where 15 English Monarchs are buried. Including Henry VIII and his favorite wife Jane Seymour. On the right is just a small part of Windsor castle.
St. George's Cathedral. It was SO SO pretty inside. Wish I could of taken pics inside. Lots of small chapels all over the place FILLED with huge coffins. Lots of statues. It was almost like all the nobles were all trying to outdo eachother. It was a bit much, but beautiful nonetheless. We had to take a picture of our token guard dude. :)
This is the inside court of windsor. Its a huge rectangle, their cars drive though this passage way and then they get out at those big towers there. This was built as a fortress first and foremost. It wasn't a comfortable residence for hundreds of years after William the Conqueror built it.
No reason behind this picture besides its really pretty :)
Our first close up view of the castle. On the ground anyway. Its funny in all my pics it looks like people are on the phone, but thats just the guided tour thingy they give everyone. You had to hold it like a phone to hear it.
Our first look of Windsor, this was taken on the train. It was a GORGEOUS train ride and thank goodness for trains. Its where I caught up on all my sleep.
This was my favorite tube station in London. Its the Notting Hill stop and i thought it was so pretty. Kind of old London meets new.
This is one of the gardens in Notting hill that are strictly private. They are fierce about their privacy at these places. If you don't believe me rent Notting Hill with Hugh Grant.
On of the many huge gates we couldn't jump. Darn our unathleticness!
A gorgeous neighborhood in Notting Hill. Matt took SO MANY PICTURES OF NEIGHBORHOODS. Sheesh. But this was prestine.
This was on Portobello road. Matt and I couldn't stop snickering. We are so immature.
The beginning of Portobello road. We had the Portobello Road song in our head for MONTHS because whenever we looked at our london tourbook we'd see the name and start singing. If I mention the name now Matt groans and gives me a dirty look for putting it in his head again.
The beginning of our VERY full day. I took a pedometer and on this day I walked 26,686 steps.
No "Exit" signs in London. It says "Way out" instead. For some reason we found this pretty funny. Probably sleep deprivation.
a beautiful church by our hotel. I liked the sign that was out front. lol

3 comments:

Amy said...

Jealous. That's what I am. Greeeeeen with envy. Love these photos, keep sharing! This can become a portfolio and documentary for me on "How to convince Cody to take me there.... SARA GOT TO GO....!" :) These pictures are incredible!

Nathan said...

I didn't know you were going to London! We went in May. Loved it. Valerie had meetings most of the time, so I strapped Karston on my back and set out to see London. We saw everything it looks like you saw. Valerie and I were able to go to Windsor too. Great place!

My photos are at: http://www.the-coffeys.com/2009/05/our-jaunt-across-pond.html

Anonymous said...

ut聊天室 , 国际华人徵婚交友网 , 美女陪聊视频 , 找寂寞男人聊天 , 寂寞富婆同城交友 , 免费寂寞交友聊天视频 , 一夜晴交友qq群 , 美女一夜情 , 158视频聊天 , 摇舞吧