Saturday, May 10, 2008

Spring has Sprung!

Tomorrow is Mothers Day! Which means one thing in my book (well this and the fact that i'll be spoiled rotten) Its PLANTING time! In Utah you really do not know when its going to snow, and TYPICALLY your safe for no snow after Mothers Day. Its definately not a failsafe, last year we had snow and my friends mom's garden suffered, but I'm prepared with some sheets for my pretty little garden this year!

I went shopping at the nursery this morning with Adele loaded up my cart and came home with my loot. I've never done this all by myself before because my gardening loving husband is usually more than willing to do the "hard stuff" like planting and watering and all that. Well this year said husband is busy studying for the APA test and that leaves the task in MY shoulders if I want a garden. Last year I had a baby the week of Mother's day so the garden did not get planted. And man did I mourn that summer without my very own tomato plants to pick and my jalapeno's and peppers to harvest. Well I have a lot more produce than that but I really missed those last year. In fact I probably scared the farmer's market guys when I stalked them every saturday morning asking when they were gonna bring in the tomatoes!! :)

So anyway this year i'm prepared, herb garden is planted, my little plants are safely in their dirt beds watered and probably going into shock (its okay little guys), heck I EVEN planted a FLOWER garden this year. I was sick of looking at my cemetary mums (don't ask...well actually do ask then I can share a little tip for you...lol). And of course this post has to have pics right!



I couldn't fit all of the garden in the picture this was the best I could get!





oh yes and my FAVORITE PART!

oh yes my friends, that is indeed boysenberry bushes in UTAH. They say it can't be done..but it SHALL IT SHALL!

Here is my flower garden...not really that pretty yet, the other side of the house is prettier but I didn't want to walk over there. lol I'll post more pics of it when its prettier and fuller later.

And lastely my herb garden, it will definately be more filled out in a month or so, but for now here she is as a baby :)


okay okay you've caught me, i'm not TOTALLY done with my planting...I still have 4 planters to deal with.. :P


5 comments:

Ambrosia said...

YAY! I just want to say that I am willing to bear the burden of helping you harvest your boysenberry bushes--since Matt is studying and busy and all. ;)

It looks great, Woman!

Stephanie said...

I'm so jealous...of your gardening talents & all your gardening space.
Looks great. And good luck with the weather.

g said...

Wow, you've done a lot of work! I'm so jealous of your rich Provo soil, lol! I bet you're going to have the best harvest :)

mommyof5 said...

Sara!
Hey there! This is Em. How are you? You page is hilarious! Your kids got so big! When did that happen?
Good job on your garden! Call sometime! Are kids need a play date!

Laurel said...

Looks great! Wanna do mine? ;)