Friday, May 30, 2008

Tag for the Mama's!

Here you go mommies - a different kind of TAG. For a change it's all about you and your first baby. Anyone who reads this must do this on their next post of their blog. If you don't have a blog I would love for you to email it to me.

1. Were you married at the time? Yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Crazy excited and really afraid i'd miscarry. We'd had a miscarriage and had been ttc for almost 4 yrs when we had her.

3. How old were you? 23

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I was waiting to start my period so I could get a dye test done, frustrated I hadn't started yet because I needed to start for the dye test (a fertility test) I was 4 days late and figured I wasn't going to get AF on my own (I don't when I don't ovulate) I THOUGHT i had ovulated so I was irritated. Then it dawned on me to take a pregnancy test, I did and got those lovely 2 lines.

5. Who did you tell first? My parents, I called them at 6:30am their time, then I called my sister and woke her up too, it was her birthday :)


6. Did you want to find out the sex? OH yes, it took 3 ultrasounds to find out too. She was shy.

7. Due date? July 5th

8.Did you deliver early or late? EARLY on June 13th, I had PIH (Pregnancy induced hypertension)

9. Did you have morning sickness? Not at all

10. What did you crave? Hotdogs and McDonalds Chicken McNuggets

11. Who irritated you the most? I didn't really get irritated, I was a very happy pregnant woman

12. What was your first child's sex? Girl

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? At week 36 I had gained 15 lbs, when I went in at week 37 I had gained 25 lbs


14.Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? My pregnancy was perfect until I hit 37 weeks and got REALLY high blood pressure. They had to induce me right away and I had to get some yucky drugs during delivery so I wouldn't have a stroke.

15.Where did you give birth? Provo, UT

16. How many hours were you in labor? 18 hours, my body was not ready to be induced at all.


17. Who drove you to the hospital? I walked to the hospital! :) I was at my doctors office by myself when she told me I had to be induced that day, I was going to have an NST at the hospital anyway right after and was supposed to meet my husband there for that, instead I went down the hall to Labor & Delivery and had them send him over when he got there. He was quite surprised!

18. Who watched? Matt watched most of the time, My mom and sister were in the room with us but they stayed by my head the entire time, I think my sister took a peek when everyone commented on how much hair she had.















19. Was it natural or c-section? it was vaginally, ALMOST c-section though, she wasn't ready to come and didn't drop until they broke my water

20..Did you take medicine to ease the pain? OH yes, I got a epidural when I was 4cm dialated

21.How much did your child weigh? 6lbs 10oz

22.Did your child have any complications? she had jaundice and had to have a little tanning bed at home for a day or two

23..What did you name him/her? We had the name Adele picked out for years, after her Mama. We chose her middle name Hannah, because it meant a lot to us, I really related with Hannah from the bible and thought it would be perfect for her.



24. How old is your first born today? She is turning 5 next month :)


0 comments: