Tuesday, June 03, 2008

We had a birthday













We had a birthday and I haven't blogged it yet so HERE it is! :)

Seth turned ONE on the 17th. ONE, my baby is one. I'm a little sad that his baby year went so quickly. Like SO SO quickly. Like my other 2 he's just been a great happy sweet baby who loves to eat and sleep. I really am lucky and i'm just waiting until I get the spawn of satan baby cuz i've had it SO good with my other 3.


He was born on the night The Office season finale was happening. LOL I was induced but really all it took was breaking my water and my body went into full labor mode. I wanted to wait to get my epidural until 7:15ish because i wanted it right before the show started, so I could watch it in peace and pain free. Seth had other plans, Adele's labor was 18 hours, Elaine's labor was 12 hours. Seth's was 2.5 hours. And really for 30 of those minutes I was just waiting for my midwife to race over and catch him. So by the time I got my epidural in and working, I was at 10cm and ready to push. I missed my finale, but I watched it later online so all was forgiven of my sweet little boy.






I was also able to have my sister, mom, husband, and awesome friend (who is also an AMAZING doula) there with us when I had him. My friend seriously rocks and I really hope she's around for baby #4 so I can try and go med's free. She is seriously amazing and I know I couldn't of had the wonderful labor I had with Seth if it wasn't for her.

This year has shown us our Sethy's little personality. Or I guess I should say BIG personality. He is a lot like his big sister Adele, enough that it scares the crud out of me. Adele and Seth ADORE eachother, like ADORE. Every morning when she hears him in my room after he's woken up she RUNS upstairs to love and kiss and play with him. He laughs and squeals when he see's her and says "Del" when he wants her attention. Elaine he tortures by crawling after her and grabbing her blanket, or by touching her, or looking like he's thinking about going NEAR her. Lately though she's gotten better with him and will actually wrestle with him OCCASIONALLY if she's in a good mood.

He's SUCH a boy, he gets into EVERYTHING, loves the toilet, stairs, and cords best. He's tried to hang himself a couple times with cords and scares us all to death. He can open most doors and screen doors and his favorite place to be is outside on his own. He loves to get dirty and is the only kid so far that i've had to SCRUB clean when giving him a bath. He's just tough man. He also seems to be a natural wrestler. We're not BIG wrestlers in our family with our 2 girls. We have done it on occasion but really not around Seth. HE for some reason was born with the wrestling instinct. He tackles, pins, blocks...he can bring down both of his sisters, and i'm pretty sure the bigger he gets he'll be taking us down too. He's just a fun mischevious little boy that we all absolutely adore. Really the only thing I could go without is his SCREAM. Seriously he goes from 0 to 100 in less than 2 seconds. Its not pleasant. Oh and while i'm on the topic I could go without the 6:30am bottle too. I'm not a big fan of that one.

He's walking now, well he takes about 4 or 5 steps before biffing it, and has been talking for sometime now. He says:
Del (Adele)
Bye
Hi
DaDa
MaMa
Night Night
Doggie
I feel like i'm forgetting one...hmm anyway he also loves to growl and attack people with any stuffed animal in his hands. He's just a full on BOY and it cracks us up.

Happy First Birthday my little man!!


6 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow! he has grown up so much just since we left! He is too cute! And I LOVE the cake shots-- Dallin wouldn't even touch his. He got some frosting on his hands and that was the end of it. lol

Emmers said...

I think my favorite part of his birthday cake was Adele making him giggle til he teared up. Cute cute.

We lovas our seff!

Lisa said...

So cute! I can't believe he's one! Our babies are big now. And wowza...way to go after that cake...Dallin was not at all into his. In fact when he saw it the second time around for our family party in Vegas he puckerd his bottom lip right out and started to cry lol.

p.s. j.c. sends adele some smootches!

sarawhat said...

cute pictures. I LOVE your apron.

Ambrosia said...

I love the cake pictures and I love hearing your birth story. It is one of my all-time favorites and I was honored to be there. Don't you worry-- I plan to be around for 4. If you start working on that sooner, it will ensure my presence for sure *giggle*. I am around ya'll but I still think of Seth as a teeny baby..the time has totally sped by. Did he destroy his cake on his own?

Jenn said...

Holy COW! How can a year have passed??