Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kindergarten!

I have been SO excited yet SO dreading this day. And it has come, and I was surprisingly good. I still feel the urge to break down in tears but so far I've been able to hold it in. Adele started Kindergarten today! And I couldn't be MORE proud of her.


I only bit my lip once not to cry on the walk to school, and thats because she didn't want to hold my hand. She wanted to hold onto her backpack straps like she saw the big kids do.


When we got to her class there was a line of kids. I told her that all the kids with backpacks were in her class. She got all excited and ran to EVERY SINGLE KID and said, "Hi! I'm Adele whats your name!" She's completely fearless.


I was happy to see my good friend is the teachers aide for her class, and her teacher is our bishops wife...so I'll definately know whats happening in the class. LOL But she was the only kid I saw that seriously had no use for their Mom. All the other kids were clinging to their moms. But no, not Adele. She bolted into the class, sat down at a crowded table and just started chatting away. Anyway for the important part! Pics!
This is her buddy Skyler she's taking off with. They were SO excited to get to their class!At this point she was OVER me being there and OOOOVER pictures LOL
This is how excited Elaine is about not getting to stay at Kindergarten with Adele.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

So cute! I can't wait until Dallin is in school!

Anonymous said...

She's so cute!! My kindergartener didn't want me sticking around either.

sarawhat said...

CRAZY!! YOu have a kid old enough to be in school. Awesome. I'm so excited for this day....in a few years.

g said...

Sniff! Little Adele is all grown up!! She's such a head turner, too!