Monday, June 05, 2006

Miss Smarty

This is mainly a brag blog. :)

Elaine is now 10 months old, she's happy, talkative, laid back, perfect...

She's taken to being obsessed with playing patty-cake. Anytime I say "Yay" or "good job!" She'll clap her hands. She's done this for a month or so now. Lately everytime she claps her hands she "rolls them." You know "roll it, pat it, mark it with a B." She loves doing it, in fact at a friends house this week she grabbed a baby doll and held the baby's wrists like I used to do with her. She clapped the baby's hands for her, rolled them, she even patted the baby's tummy during "Mark it with a B." So proud of our little girl.

Which also leads me to another thought. Adele was given baby dolls for her...2nd birthday I believe. She never really seemed interested in them before that and really except wanting to push them in her stroller with Daddy she never has much use for them. But Elaine, she loves these dolls. She will crawl across a room crowded with fun brightly colored toys to get to the baby doll. She kisses it and lays on it. Holds it in her arms while she rolls around the floor with it. I see a nurturer in my little girl and it makes me proud yet again. :)

Lastly, it always surprises me how my two girls differences stand out to me. One little thing to add to the list. Elaine is a hider. Adele as a baby and even now is all out there. She has no shame, she hides nothing. She'll come over and shove her panties wet with pee right in my face and demand a new pair. And as a baby whenever she put something in her mouth be it something good or bad, she'd spit it right in my hand as soon as I'd say "give it to Mommy." She started doing this at about 5 months.

Elaine on the other hand, if I say "what is in your mouth!?" She will bend down her head, spit whatever it is in HER hand and THROW it. Usually she throws it behind her. Like she's saying "what are you talking about? There is nothing in my mouth!" I believe I may have my work cut out for me with this one. She's a sly girly she is. :) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That is SO cute! It's hard to believe how fast she's growing up!

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»