Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Nine years ago today

I saw my future husband for the first time.

We met at Institute on a friday afternoon. I was home from school (senior in H.S.) sick and felt good enough by then to go to the Institute forum lunch class to flirt with some Missionaries...lol

I walked in, surveyed the room for cute guys. Saw Matthew....kept looking. ROFL Then I noticed him talking to a homeless man and he gave him a Book of Mormon. I thought it was sweet. I was pretending to read a book while watching everyone, he came up to me and introduced himself to me. His pickup line? "Hi, I'm Matt...excuse my accent I just got off my mission a week ago." ROFL He served in LA and had NO accent. Still cracks us up. We talked for about 45 min then he kinda alluded to asking me out again by asking if I was going to the Single Adult Christmas dance. I said that no, I couldn't...I wasn't old enough. LOL He was QUITE shocked to find out I was 17. We talked some more and we both left at the same time.

For 2 days he would not get out of my brain. I kept hearing this little voice..."CALL HIM, CALL HIM!" Well it wasn't so little I guess. I NEVER called boys EVER. Total phone phobia. But this voice would NOT give up, so I went back to institute, spoke to the secretary and described Matt. She knew him (he happened to be in her ward) and gave me his digits. :) I called him and asked him to come to a party my friend was having (it was a single adult party not some lame h.s. party) he did come, we talked all night ignoring everyone else and had a total blast. The rest is history ;)
We had our first "single" date Jan. 2nd, exactly a year later I was endowed in the Temple and a week after that we were Sealed. What a lucky gal I am! :)


This is at my Senior prom 6 months later :)

4 comments:

Rachau said...

I hope you had a special day!
I can now see what Adele is going to look like at her senior prom!
Just like her Mummy!

sarawhat said...

patty-brandon.blogspot.com

sarawhat said...

ps- love the blonde blonde hair...you need some highlights again! Are you coming here for xmas? make an apt with me, I'll take good care of you

Dixie Chic said...

Hubba hubba! Woo-woo! :) Happy 9th Anniversary, you two! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who, if I didn't make the first move and find HIM, would probably have never had that 1st date with my dh! LOL!!!