Friday, December 28, 2007

Holding my breath

Today we had a fun errand day with the kiddos. We decided to have dinner at Mimi's Cafe. Enjoying our meal, we had the manager come over and fill our cups. He was a nice looking man, probably about 6'3ish and a big hulking polynesian. Adele I guess hasn't seen too many men looking like this one. She looks up from her dinner and says "Your, Your...Your" Matt and I stare at one another and hold our breath. I say a silent prayer, PLEASE don't say anything horrible or rude! Please don't embarrass us! She finishes her sentence after what seams like an eternity. "Your Pretty!" LOL

She's NEVER said that to anyone before. She just doesn't really notice. Well now she does...she's beginning to notice. He was a really nice man and smiled and said that she was prettier and thanked her. When he left we told her boys were handsome and girls were pretty. She said "OH! hehehe okay!" When we were leaving we saw him again and she told him he was handsome. He smiled and said I had beautiful children. I agreed.

I think my little one has a thing for the polynesian men. Her best friend in preschool, the boy she's pretends to marry, his name is Leva. Short for Tuileva...yep Polynesian too. :)

2 comments:

g said...

That's so cute! Reminds me of the time Kaden almost asked really loudly why the man near us had only one leg, lol! I love your new blog skin. It looks good!

Ambrosia said...

Start saving your pennies! Miss Star is heading straight for BYU-Hawaii. She'll be in heaven,I was when I was there ;)