Sunday, July 23, 2006

Illness


Moms really do have it rough. Adele had her first fever this past week. (I do know i'm EXTREMELY lucky in this dept) So anyway she's 3 and has never been sick. She's never thrown up etc.. So she took it pretty hard when she wasn't feeling well. Walked around all day saying how she was sick and needed to sleep and needed her "get better bunny." She curled up in her blanket all day with 2 icepacks and her mommy answering to every whim or whimper. She also had to deal with mommy snapping pictures because she was so darn cute and Mommy wasn't used to having a little girl in this condition. But we made it through the day and she is not addicted to Children's Tylenol. Which she kept insisting to her one year old sister that it was good. "Medicine GOOD Elaine! Have it Have it!" She is my little cheerleader for medication. Good thing I was trying to get Elaine the drugs at the time. I have to make sure I put them WAY WAY out of reach from little grabbing hands. She took 4 naps that day, passed out cold in "Mama's chair" which I willingly gave up when she insisted she have it.

I was happy to do it, she's my sweet little baby and I do worship her...........most of the time.
(read below)









But the next day when I was feverish and dizzy? The next morning when it burned to swallow and my headache felt like 100 chipmunks were running around inside my head? This is what I got.


OH yeah HAPPY and ENERGETIC from her FOUR NAPS. So yes Mommy got shafted ladies and gents. SHAFTED. I didn't get to lay down with my blanket and nice cold drinks. If I laid down from delirium I got ATLEAST one kid jumping on me and if I was lucky the other one would just crawl over to me and play patty cake on my face. Yeah and dear old hubby?!? Where was he you may ask? I have no clue. But I do know this. He asked ME why Adele hadn't been fed dinner and HE'D been home the entire night. (k small rant over) so anyway yes. I love being a Mom. :) Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Don't you hate those comments! UGH! When I am prego and puking Jake always asks why I let the toilets get so grimmy and if I could clean them more often.....um no.....(rolls eyes)

Dixie Chic said...

LOL!! What a sweetheart sicky you have! She's sure cute. Sorry you got shafted! Not fair at all. That dh of yours better start being nicer to you or at least get a clue! Lol!! Hope you're feeling better today!

Alicia said...

Isn't that the way it always happens? Glad Adele is better and hope you are by now too!