Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sharing sucks

you know, when you go the fairgrounds (or the 4th of July celebrations grounds like today) and they are selling something reallllly yummy. Like say funnelcakes. And the funnelcakes ain't cheap they are $4. So you only buy one cuz...........its $4!

Then you have to sit down and split it with your husband that you love and would usually do just about anything for. And you look across from you and your 3 year old is eyeing your funnel cake and making unnatural noises and pawing you for some. And you look to your right and your 1 year old is squealing and screeching and grabbing at your plate.......and you end up getting less than 1/4 of that cake because you are the Mom.....and unless you hide it first and run away with it, thats just whatcha gotta do.

9 comments:

Rachau said...

Funnelcakes are strange things to eat!We had one at knotts berry farm.It cost more than $4 lol.

Anonymous said...

my mom knows how to make funnel cakes...and she buys the mix for it sometimes to make it easier. i'm not a huge funnel cake fan though. and i've recently learned i'm not a fan of chocolate chip cookies either.

Rachau said...

Jauna you can join my club the i don't like funnel cakes or chocolate chip cookies lol.
Sara do you know you Rock!TY so much for being a good friend!

Lee said...

Yeah it just isn't fair is it? I swear you have kids and everything you have is theirs. I NEVER did that to my Mom!

Emmers said...

I have never had a funnel cake..BUT I HATE SHARING.

I do the same thing..split whatever in half with John..then split it again in half for Gavin..and then he STILL wants what I have..so I shove it in my mouth and point at daddy..

Darci said...

Amen sister.

Anonymous said...

Aww..the justice of it all! LOL

Mom

Heidi said...

Since dh and I love elephant ears so much, we have been reluctant to share them with our girls. But the little monsters devoured ours on the 4th and now they are hooked. I totally understand the Mom thing and getting hardly any of the treat anymore because you are the mom. Telling the girls that it is "Mommy Medicine" only works so long. (sigh)

Anonymous said...

you got it sister...rofl they help us lose the wieght we would have otherwise happily gained on our own! :o)