Saturday, July 08, 2006

Sisters


I have had a fanstastic week. My big sister came to visit. I loooooooove my big sister. If you looked at us you'd never think we were sisters (DANG IT I just remembered I didn't get any pics of us together!) But we have been best friends for as long as I can remember. She's 10 years older than me and I shared a room with her (well more like slept in her room, I had my own room) until she moved out when I was 10. She is the best big sister a gal could ask for. She even took me out on some of her dates when I was 7 and she was 17. She would take me to the beach with all of her friends. She took me to get my first makeup, she sat and listened to me bawl about my life in the parking lot of a Bank of America when I was 11, and she saved me from hair disasters by taking me to the best hair stylists she could find when I was a teenager.

She cried for me when she couldn't take away my pain, when she couldn't understand my pain, and when she couldn't take revenge on people who gave me pain. She is there for me when I really need her. She adores me and my family and makes me feel like I am the most beautiful funniest woman she knows. She has a hilarious laugh that makes you want to entertain her as much as possible just so she will laugh. Its this big bellowing hilarious laugh and if you are REALLY funny she'll even snort for you.

I'm a bit sad because tonight she's going home to Cali. And I won't see her again for about 6 months. It rips my heart out when she leaves. I adore her and her children, her children are my sweeties, my first babies, my pride and joy. I dream of someday living near her. Being able to do our monthly manicure/pedicures, going to lunch, even having a babysitter that I know worships my children. I know that dream will probably never happen. But we all have to have our fantasies don't we. :) So I love you sis. You are my inspiration, my hero, my example. I look up to you in all ways except literally (cuz you are a shorty). I love you.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Sounds like a great sister! What an awesome relationship you two have.

Rachau said...

Your Big Sis sounds Awesome.I wish i had a sister.So i could be colse to her like you!

sarawhat said...

sara...i need to know how to put a picture on my blog. HELP! I'm computer retarded.

emlouisa said...

Okay, what do you mean you look nothing alike. I thought that was YOU for a minute! Sounds like you have a fantastic big sis!

Anonymous said...

your sister sounds awesome, how was it growing up with such an incredibly gorgeous big sister like that???ROFL you are amazing sara and you know I love you more each time we talk and I get to know you as a mom and as an equal. i am always here for you

sis