Thursday, July 27, 2006

July 27, 2005



Elaine was born. At 4:45am. She was my miracle baby. Not because we got pregnant with her (true that was a miracle too) but how she came, that was a true miracle, a total blessing. With Adele I was induced early for PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) basically REALLY high blood pressure. SO when I was 31 weeks and showing high blood pressure again my dr. put me on bedrest. And I stayed there for 8 weeks.

Adele was 2 years old, it was spring/summer and we BOTH were going crazy cooped up in that house but we did it. My dr. told me he'd induce at 38 weeks, when 38 weeks came my blood pressure was perfect. No problem at all. So he said he'd continue to wait. Which made me nervous. I REALLY didn't want to be induced for PIH because I knew i'd have to go onto magnesium again and that stuff is EVIL (I couldn't even focus my eyes for almost 48 hours after having Adele because of it). So we prayed and Matthew gave me a fantastic blessing saying that baby would come naturally. Which was.....not possible in my eyes. I'd HAVE to be induced early or i'd get high blood pressure. And dr. had set a date to induce me on Thursday July 28th. I'd be exactly 39 weeks.

So Tuesday July 26th came and I had a dr. appt with Heather the nurse practitioner. She checked me and stripped my membranes and told me I was having that baby that night. She had no doubt, I was ready to go on my own. I rolled my eyes and tried not to get my hopes up. But by the time I was walking to my car after our appt I was getting strong contractions and they were not going away.

Fast forward to 4:45am Wednesday morning. When I pushed out my 2nd daughter. My second miracle. A wonderful labor and delivery, problems whatsoever. She came out crying like a kitten. Soft and squeaky. She never outgrew the squeakiness. And cuddley! She loved to cuddle, and she never outgrew that either. Miracle #2, or I guess its miracle #3. She nursed. She nursed WELL. She didn't need a shield like Adele, she latched on like a total pro and never looked back (except for one horrific night). She nursed as often as she could for 12 months stopping....last week. At the exact time her Mommy was willing to give it up.


The past year has been wonderful, stressful, crazy, and perfect. I wouldn't ask this last year to be anything but it was. I have my little Lainey to show for it. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I can't belive that it's been a year since our babies were born!

Happy Birthday Elaine!

Lee said...

Happy Birthday Princess!!

Jenn said...

What a sweet girl. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

sheri said...

Can you even believe it's been a year already? How did that happen?! I can so vividly remember all our moaning and groaning about our pregnancy woes.
Happy Birthday, Elaine!

emlouisa said...

Aw, another summer baby. Happy Birthday, Elaine!!!