Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ground Zero


Thankfully we made it through one of Provo's worst crazy spastic storms yesterday! There were some winds recorded at 90MPH at certain points. I don't know what they were recorded at by MY house because the weather tower was destroyed. The worst part I guess was at the Provo Airport where 5 planes were tipped over and thats about 4 miles from my house.


These are just some pictures of around my house. The first is my neighbors back yard. She has branches from all the neighbors backyards in hers. LOL Her husband was out there with a chain saw for awhile!


This is the front of my house and a few huge pine branches that broke off our 60ft tree. There are some bigger branches that snapped and are hanging by small pieces of wood that we'll have to get down probably this weekend with a TALL ladder. Wish us luck on that one!





The back of the garage where our window was blown out. Matthew easily fixed that last night.










Our garden, it actually faired pretty well because it has two garages sheltering each side. Our corn needed to be straightened but nothing bad. :)

All in all we are SOOO lucky. Houses a block or 2 from us had big huge tree's uprooted, power lines tipped over etc.. Over 100 power lines were broken and laying over a ton of homes. Some people will be without power for 2-3 days. I feel SO blessed and watched over and am SO thankful my huge tree didn't crush our little home! Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. We were there a week ago when they had some crazy wind in Utah and SLC County (remember it caused that chemical spill) I bet this was much worse cause the recorded speeds of that were about 70mph

AmyJane said...

Glad I missed that one, on account of moving away from Provo just in time! I think I recognize you from the pics--you and Lara were good friends as teenagers? You might remember me...teh Idaho cousin?

Unknown said...

of course I remember you Amy! Hi! :) :)
Hows the married life! :)

AmyJane said...

Well, ya know... Most days it's more about the parenting life than the marriage now! But what can you do? :) Your little ones are cutie pies, by the way. I'll add you to my blog list---what better way to waste away Patrick's naptime?

Unknown said...

LOL I hear you on wasting time on this lovely box. But how else would we get to "speak" with adults? :)
Patrick is a doll btw. Are you using the "tickle to get a smile" trick in all those pictures!

seastartrue said...

Sara

Glad you and your family are okay.
I had forgotten you lived in Provo.

Gavin and Sophia's grandma

Jenn said...

Woah! Freaky! Glad you're OK!