Sunday, August 27, 2006

Imagination

My Mom could never put me in my room to punish me as a child. Taking away all my toys wouldn't help either. Once my mom came into my room to find me playing with two tissues, they were talking to eachother and I was having a grand time.
I believe Adele has inherited my love for imagination. Lately i've found her playing with certain objects like these cups that she made a "castle" out of. She laid down the blanket, the ring toss, the bottle inside the ring...everything to make her planned community. She even stuck the butterfly on top of the ring toss for added effect. I believe that is a security butterfly if I remember correctly.

Her obsession has been a lot of fun to watch. To see her little gears turning, to find her with a rag on the kitchen floor singing "Cinderwewwy...Cinderwewwy..." over and over. Its been an absolute fun part of being a mother.

I love how she is following in my footsteps. I really didn't think she was until last night I came into my office and she followed me with a boat full of animals. I was wondering what was up until I saw her settle herself down next to two empty CD racks.

Then I KNEW she was my child after my own heart. When I was a girl i'd get all my small Shera dolls, stuffed bears, and My Little Pony's and sit next to our christmas tree. I'd have an entire soap opera story going on for the weeks we had the tree. There would be deaths, marriages, fights, long lost children reunions. All sorts of fun stuff.


Anyway when I saw this my heart melted. I think I actually teared up a little bit. Because I remembered the joy I had doing the same thing she was doing.

Funny what things make you smile. :) Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Emmers said...

Gavin says "DELL!!!"

And I say "CUUUUTE!" (and my word verification has 'pp' in it..*giggle*)

sarawhat said...

cute girl. I wish I could entertain myself for hours with cups and a ring toss. Wait a second.....

Dixie Chic said...

you sure have a beautiful young lady there, sara. :)

Jenn said...

How fun - she's a cutie for sure!

Alicia said...

We've really got to get these kids of ours together. Her imagination sounds a lot like Little Boys! It's great and I hope they never lose it!