Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Frustrated lady

Hypocrites. Thats what they are. And it bothers me SO SO much. Who am I writing about? Cops, Police OFFICERS. I workout in the same gym that the city cops use so I get to drive in and drive out of their parking structure and I see them driving in and out. I also see them driving around my neighborhood ALL the time which I appreciate actually. But the thing that REALLY bothers me is that these guys (and gals) NEVER EVER obey the traffic laws. The only reason they don't wreck their cars is because everyone else is scared to death when they see one while driving. We tense up, we check our speed, we make sure our seatbelt is on and that we signal when changing lanes. But do the cops do this? NOOOOO! Of course not! These men that think they are the Kings of the road! NEVER! They are demi-gods. They are studs, they do not need to SIGNAL! How dare we even suggest they STOP at a stop sign. What? Obey the speed limit when driving down a neighborhood street with kids playing everywhere? UNHEARD OF! Why do they get a free pass? Why dont' THEY get tickets. Cuz you know when they are in civilian cars and get pulled over all they have to do is flash their badge and they get a free pass. WHY? It is SO not fair, it is SO against the law! But who are you gonna complain to? All these egotistical testosterone driven males have to say is that they were responding to a call. They are total liars. I've seen these guys BOLT out of a parking lot and then slow down once they are on the street. Whenever I pull behind a cop car at a stop sign the guy just ROLLLS through it. Its frustrating, I hate having no control over something that frustrates me this much. And no I didn't get a ticket.

4 comments:

Elozia Marie said...

This reminds me of the time a police officer was in front of us driving down the street in small town USA. All the sudden, he stopped in the middle of the street, and after about 3 minutes, we carefully went around him. He was eating a sandwich and checking out his computer ... parked in the middle of the street! I feel your frustration!

~Sunny

emlouisa said...

Grrrr.....

Anonymous said...

Once we lived in Provo (right behind the old JB's restaurant). On the 4th of July I decided to get up early and drive around to find a place to park our blankets for the parade route. When I tried to get home, however, the police officer would NOT let me through to my house. "This is for float entrance only", he said. I was in tears because he wouldn't let me go home. I even offered to show my drivers license to him to proove I lived there. Instead, I had to drive clear down to south Provo (around 4th south and 9th east) to get to an entrance. Just to get home!
I'm with you Sara. Let's protest!

Pamela said...

When I worked for traffic I know A LOT of police runs were silent runs, meaning they could drive fast and break traffic laws to catch a bad guy. Of course some officers I'm sure thought it gave them permission to drive like this all the time.