Saturday, January 21, 2006

Man Servants

For those of you who don't know my living situation at the moment. I have my 21 year old brother-in-law living at our house. His room is shared with my computer. Which I am very fond of. Thankfully he isn't the type of person that needs privacy so it works out just fine for us. The only time the boy needs privacy is when he's on the phone. It doesn't matter WHO he is on the phone with, he could be on the phone with a guy selling satellite dishes and he has to run to another room to be completely ALONE. When he was a teenager he used to sit in his mothers laundry room where the cats litter box was with the door closed so he could speak privately on the phone. Its very odd. But I digress.

The reason for my blog today is its 12pm on a saturday and my house is nice and clean. Floors swept, desks cleared, kitchen spotless, floors vacuumed, and I slept in until 10:30. How do you ask is this possible? Man Servants. You see BIL lives in our house practically rent free so on saturday mornings he helps us clean and do projects around the house. Thankfully the boy has the work ethic of Matt so with those two going at the same time our house is clean in an hour. He also scrubs floors, he's not a proficient at it but with practice and under my lovely supervision and direction he will master it. Now I've never scrubbed floors MYSELF but I have watched Matt do it countless times and I know how it should look so this makes me very skilled of course! And thankfully BIL knows that i'm always right, so our arrangement works out wonderfully.

Now those of you who KNOW me, who grew up with me, know that i'm a bit lazy when it comes to cleaning. BUT just so you all know, just because the only thing I did this morning was show Adele how to clean up the front room (which I later vacuumed) does NOT mean I do not do my fair share in cleaning the house also. All the laundry has been done AND put away by me, plus if you look at all of us we are definately not starving to death (a show of my cooking) So i'm not as lazy as I USED to be. I definately lend a helping hand, especially with telling others how to do things correctly. :)

2 comments:

ShelahBooksIt said...

where can I get me one of those?

Alicia said...

Ah, you have a top notch dh like mine! Aren't they awesome!? Alicia