Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Being MOM

Its too early. It can't be happening already. My 2.5 year old has stopped calling me Mommy. Now I did OK when she stopped calling me Mama. It was a little rough but I got through it alright because Mommy is still cute and still means she's a baby. But this morning I gave her oatmeal and she said "Thank you Mom." My jaw dropped. WHERE did she get this from! Where did she hear it! Who do I have to go kill....She's been saying Mom all day now, "MOM, RETZELS PEEEAASE!", "Moooommm Rella Tassle!" (if you can decipher those you get a prize) Everytime she says it I catch my breath.
Where did my little birdie go? What happened to my baby? When did she get so big? We tried for 4 years to get pregnant with her and I think she should stay a baby ATLEAST that long! I don't want to correct her. I don't want to say "No, its MOMMY, not Mom" I think it would be wrong, set her back. Its her own evolution and I don't want to mess with it. But it totally kills me.
Next thing I know she'll be tying her own shoes and insisting on doing her own hair (good luck Adele!). Can't I just turn back the clock a little? Maybe i'll insist on feeding her tonight. I wonder if she'll think i'm some kind of weirdo if I try to feed her with my spoon. LOL I doubt Miss Independant would let me even HOLD her spoon. Maybe her being Potty trained isn't so bad. Mom, she's calling me mom. Oh and she's given up baths too. Its all showers now. She'll scream bloody murder if she even thinks i'm making a bath up for her. I'm standing here (well sitting) just in shock...when did I lose my baby? Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Misty said...

Aw, how sad! (and kinda cute too!)

Rachelle said...

No! They can't grow up that fast! I refuse to let that happen to Cam. He's already trying to wean, no more! They must stop growing!

ShelahBooksIt said...

In another year she'll be making her own bed and telling you that she can get her own breakfast (sob!). They just grow up so darn fast!

Anonymous said...

You can always start calling me Mommy again :) Of course, it won't make you feel any better but I'll feel much younger! LOL

Your Mommy :)

Anonymous said...

I deciphered them..what do I get???

I looove the picture. It's adorable :)

Em

(P.S. She's not gonna teach gavin 'mom' is she? hehehe)

Lee said...

They grow up so fast huh? Good thing you have another little one!