Sunday, February 19, 2006

Arrrrrgh!

My sweet little.....girl? Okay so when I was laying on that ultrasound table and found out the wonderful news that I was having my little girl, the LAST thing in my mind was that i'd be playing Pirates with her. Who imagines having a girl and playing pirates? I'd never think that with her princess dresses she'd also insist on having a pirate ensemble.
I do love it though. I love that she's well rounded and not all girly girl. Although she has her girly girl moments, which she probably picked up on from her Mom (ie. irrational fear of spiders). But I love this picture, I took it tonight. She is playing pirates with her Daddy. She is Captain Cook (Hook) and at the moment is chasing her father while he screams like a banshee. Which is quite entertaining to Elaine and I. I'm glad I have a pirate princess daughter, its fun. Who needs boys when you have a little girl thats "Argh" could scare the eyepatch off of an evil pirate. I love her imagination, her energy (most of the time), and her spunky little attitude. I don't think I lived until I had my girls. I don't think I ever knew what true bliss could feel like. I adore my husband, I love his high pitched scream as he's being chased by the scariest 2.5 little pirate girl on earth. Now i'm not so sure I'll be as thrilled when my future little boy insists on being cinderella... Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

LOL! What a cutie!

ShelahBooksIt said...

so cute!

Mama D said...

I have been wanting to visit your blog since you commented at mine. I love this post. It reminds me of my 5 year old neice who is totally into Ninja Turtles right now. It will be interesting to see what Audrey will be into when she is bigger.