Monday, February 13, 2006

New Experiences

I remember when I was a little girl and my Mom used to make playdoh for me. This wasn't the store bought playdoh this is the homemade edible made-with-love playdoh. It didn't smell nasty it didn't taste too bad...maybe a little salty. But nice and kid safe. It was a ton of fun and my friends were jealous of my Mother's natural talent.
But you see i'm not the kind of mom that is into cleaning up huge messes at the moment. I'm sure when my daughter is older I will make playdoh. But since she is only 2.5 and gets bored with things like that after an hour or so i've chosen to go the quicker route. We had a nice art experiment with shaving cream. It was pretty funny to watch since she doesn't really like to get messy, and because her mommy frowns on messiness (I HATE sticky hands & faces). But she slowly let herself go and enjoyed the experience. I put a glob of the stuff on a baking sheet and put a few drops of food coloring on the stuff for her to mix in at her disgression. It was actually a ton of fun and she loved the freedom of becoming messy as her mom encouraged her. Plus she learned a new word.... Squishy. Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Rachelle said...

Looks like fun! I am so not about messes either. I cannot stand dirty hands, so Cam will be lucky to make a mess like that.