Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's

Valentines day is SO much funner with toddlers. And i'm sure it will be fun with older children as well but at the moment all the experience I have is with a 2.5 year old. So it will have to do.

Matthew and I both waited unti the last minute to get our Valentine day gifts. In fact we were fighting over WHO got to take Adele shopping. I won because everyone knows that Mommy's and daughters get Daddy's a Valentine. I mean Matthew is Adele's valentine until she is married, and Visa Versa. So Matthew had to go shopping for me and his little valentines by hisself.
It was way fun, Adele picked out the bawwoons for her Daddy and had a great time watching them fly through the air while I shopped for our Valentine dinner and dessert. We picked out candy that we thought he'd like and she INSISTED any candy must be in the form of a heart. I laughed as I saw husbands and boyfriends rifling through the single flowers, trying to make the cheapest arrangement possible and have it still look like they spent a decent amount of money. I helped a couple guys out, I mean I hope somewhere out there is a woman that is happy she didn't get 3 bushels of babys breath and a daisy in the middle. Your welcome.

This morning I woke up with the girls to a box of fresh donuts Daddy had gotten for us before he left for work. Adele was delirious with joy. She kept saying in this deep silly voice "Daddy got me DOOONUUTTTSS!" It was better than Christmas. Then I got us all dressed up and pretty in our Valentine Day outfits (we had plenty to choose from since pink is a necessity for a house with two little girls in it) See Adele's outfit above. And we went to Matthews office to give him his balloons and candy. I arrived early so I could show off my beautiful daughters. I was rewarded with the proper amount of ooooh's & aaahhhh's. I was told many times what pretty little girls I have and how nice they look. I took full credit of course.

Adele saw her daddy and RAN saying "Look what I havvvee!" In another very silly voice (not sure where she gets the silly voices...) She was so excited to give him his present, I think because she knew there was candy inside the bag and he'd probably share. Then Daddy took us out to lunch and he made sure the girls were happy so Mommy could eat her meal at a somewhat normal pace.

Now we are home, and the girls are sleeping. I'm excitingly making our yummy dessert and reading up on the best way to cook a steak so dinner will be perfect. Adele, Elaine and I will be receiving our gifts from Daddy when he gets home tonight. But ya know, I think I have all the gifts i'll ever need sleeping in their beds upstairs.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Rachelle said...

Cute!