Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What great timing.

So matthew got me a subscription to Cook's Magazine (the best recipe guys in the world) and it was supposed to be a christmas present. He thought he had sent in the postcard to order it and found it in his jacket pocket in January. LOL
Anyway he sent it in and it finally came! On Valentine's Day. So that was a nice surprise. I told him he had just planned it that way, he's a very smart guy right. :)
I have an obsession with kitchen gadgets. Its a pretty healthy one, I only buy what I NEED. But I seriously will not buy a measuring cup I want for like YEARS. And i mean come on its like $5 but I don't buy it. I'm sure i'll buy it finally and realize its the COOLEST measuring cup ever and makes measuring things SO much better. I haven't bought the cup yet but I can imagine right. LOL
I DID finally breakdown and buy parchment paper. I bought it and a flat nice high quality cookie sheet because I was sick of my cheap stained ones that would bend and contort in the oven heat. It was like $2.99 yet i had been putting off buying it for atleast 5 years. Holy crud! Its wonderful! My cookies come out PERFECTLY. They are stinking delicious. They are so good I have to give them away to people or i'll eat 2 dozen by myself with a gallon of milk. My husband praised my cookies and complained that I had never really pushed the issue of buying parchment paper hard enough and now it would be a staple in our home. So thank you Cook's Illustrated, you have made me a baker. A proud baker of cookies. Nice ramble today huh!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

YOu can bring me some cookies.

ShelahBooksIt said...

do you have a silpat? I always thought silpats were for wooses, but then I got one, and they are freaking awesome!